Why take out a dental plan?
Dental plans can help you access NHS and private dental treatment, with the freedom to choose any dentist, anywhere in the world, where and when you need. You can claim money back for routine check-ups and extensive procedures, meaning paying for a trip to the dentist suddenly doesn’t seem so painful.
Why choose a dental benefit?
Dental payment plans are a way of spreading the cost of your routine (check-ups, hygiene visits and x-rays) and restorative (crowns, bridges or fillings) dental care. A dental benefit is one that can be used on a regular basis – not just in an emergency. The dental benefit also allows you to choose which dentist to go to – whether private or NHS which makes it easier to find one that is most convenient for you.
Key features of a Denplan benefit
- No initial oral health check needed and pre-existing conditions covered (except treatment for mouth cancer, pre-planned treatment or treatment for dental injuries that take place before the cover started)
- Choice of any dentist whether private, NHS or Denplan
- 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline – available in the event of a dental injury or dental emergency
- Worldwide emergency dental treatment and dental injury cover up to £10,800 per policy year
- Mouth cancer cover up to £20,000 (cover not immediately available)
- Dependants can be included – dental plan must be the same as yours
- Includes cover even if you are abroad
How the plan works
You’ll need to select the most suitable level of cover to suit your needs. You can then visit the dentist and claim back for the associated costs up to your benefit limits.
Claiming in 3 easy steps
You can see a dentist of your choice, anywhere in the world, whether private or NHS.
- Attend your dental appointment, pay for it, and keep hold of your fully itemised receipt.
- Log in to your online account. Submit your receipt and claim online within 60 days of treatment.
- We’ll process your claim and you can track it online.